Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

My Thoughts On Barack Obama During The Election and Now






This blog is overdue I have always wanted to write a blog about this but of course I was being a lazy piece of crap lol. However, I am going to write a blog about it now because this blog ties in to my thoughts before and now. When I was following this election, years ago, I thought to myself question after question for example, will Barack Obama live to have the opportunity to become president, ,reason being is because of the several death threats Mr. Obama received. Why is everybody upset about Barack Obama running for president, if he is half-white and half-black? Maybe that does not mean anything because people do not like the product of a bi racial baby especially when it comes from parents of the African American and Caucasian race. Why is he considered the first black president if he is bi racial? Did he win because people believed he was capable of being our president? Or was the main focus was making history with the first black president of the U.S. or first of African American decent. As you could see, I had a lot on my mind and found it interesting when I watched the debates and speeches. I felt like Barack Obama was the right man for the job, at least when competing against John MCcain. The reason I say that is because when I watched the last debate with them It seemed like Mr. MCcain was confident, cocky and really didn't really seemed prepared purposely because I believe that Mr. MCcain believed that he was going to win hands down. The only obvious assumption as to why is because he probably did not think the time would come that the U.S. actually and finally voted a man of African American decent as our president. The only reason I did not really consider Barack Obama to be our first black president was because he was bi racial, so to me he was the first bi racial president but I obviously understand. However, it could be just me, but I feel like a president that is fully African American, should hold that title, of the first African American president but I do not mind it. He still is partially black. Now, my recent thoughts were that when I first saw him honored, as our president I thought this is wonderful, now I could not wait to see what he is going to do to improve our economy. I felt like whomever at the time that was planning to take office, whether it was Obama or MCcain that this would be a very significant election because we had just went through a depression, financial crisis. Therefore, when we go through that as a nation you would think the priority of Barack Obama would be the economy.

No comments: